Items within your collection will have associated "Parties". A "Party" refers to a person or organisation that is somehow linked to the life of an item. For example, a book's associated Parties may be the author, editor, publisher, and illustrator. When cataloguing this item, you would need to associate each of these Parties separately within the record:
Associating a Party Record:
- From the Provenance Section of the CMS, click on Add Party
- Using the search bar, type in the name of the individual or organisation you would like to associate (if this Party does not exist, see "Creating a New Party Record" below)
- Once you have located your desired Party, click on the (blue plus sign) at the far right side
- Click on OK at the top right
- To associate another Party record, repeat this process
Creating a New Party Record:
- Click on the at the top left-hand corner of the screen
- From the dropdown, click on Catalogue > Parties
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on New Record
- Add the associated details for an individual or organisation
- Once complete, click Save at the top right-hand corner
- Click on the icon again
- From the dropdown, click on Catalogue > Items
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on Complete Editing. This will bring you back into the record you were working on.
- Follow the above steps for "Associating a Party Record"
Still have questions? Leave a comment.